Talent Acquisition Leaders Unite Virtually to Collaborate on Future TA Success!
By Monica Churchill on May 10, 2021
After 5 years of executing the annual Talent Acquisition Institute in-person, the 2021 iteration of the program went virtual. From May 4th – 6th, Talent Acquisition executives across North America gathered online for three days of rich, timely and engaging conversations, all with a focus on driving a best-in- class, resilient, and diverse talent acquisition workforce in this era of uncertainty.
Talent Leaders compared and shared their individual stories and challenges while participating in a variety of thought leadership sessions, panel discussions, and break out interactive think tanks. The program kicked off with an overview of the current Talent Acquisition landscape, discussing upcoming market trends, the current macroeconomics situation and how the pandemic morphed the employment landscape. The need for Talent Acquisition to differentiate themselves and be proactive is now more important than ever, and the Talent Acquisition Institute created a vessel to initiate these learnings.
VPs and Heads of Talent from organizations such as Atrium Health, Zoom Video Communications, Williams-Sonoma Inc., Novant Health, Warner Music Group, MGM Resorts International, Visa, Cisco, NBCUniversal, Lendmark Financial, AmerisourceBergen and many others, shared their expertise and knowledge as the program covered a few of the following themes:
- Hypergrowth During a Pandemic – All businesses have trends and growth periods, however some organizations evidenced skyrocketing popularity as more people turned to virtual meetings, conferences and interviews to work from home. How did these companies excel and manage their TA pipeline during this expansion?
- Transforming, Talent, Work and Relationships – Building and maintaining relationships during the COVID-19 pandemic was more important than ever. What were some of the ways organizations were able to capitalize on the pandemic to better their employees and teams for future growth and longevity?
- The Future of Hiring & Candidate Experience – Research shows that automation and AI will replace many human tasks, thereby changing the capabilities required by organizations from their employees and workforce. Addressing the transformative practices organizations must adopt in order to support a positive candidate experience, is just the beginning.
- Reimagining Remarkable Talent Through Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing– As TA executives feel the heat, putting emphasis on wellbeing, inclusion and belonging that can help attract, engage and inspire team members is at the forefront. Leveraging the power of proximity to build an inclusive culture, understanding talent-sourcing methods to create a strong diversity recruitment, promoting your DEI through recruitment marketing and having allies is the true key to unlocking DEI at your organization.
- Talent Acquisition Success in 2021 and Beyond – Talent Leaders face more new challenges and opportunities than ever before. With new technologies, communication and the remote workforce taking over, how can companies evolve their TA strategies with these new considerations to find, hire and mobilize the best people?
The 2021 Talent Acquisition Institute provided a unique and virtual experience for all who attended. Thank you to the Advisory Committee, Service Providers, Speaker Faculty and the 2021 Delegation for a successful meeting. Attendees left feeling hopeful for the future of the TA function armed with the tools needed to tackle the ever-evolving workforce.
If you would like to join the conversation and engage with a dynamic group of TA Leaders, join us at our next Institute, held in-person in May 2022. Please contact Monica Churchill at email@example.com for more information.