Muskoka Welcomed HR Executives from Across the Country for the Biannual HR Management Institute Canada!
By Monica Churchill on May 4, 2022
“Putting the “Human” back in HR!”
Over April 24th – 26th, Ontario’s cottage country welcomed HR executives to the JW Marriott in Muskoka for the biannual HR Management Institute Canada. The three-day event invited thought leaders and industry experts to push the boundaries of HR transformation, for a few days of interactive networking opportunities and information exchange. From our valued Speaker Faculty to the Delegation and Service Providers, all have seen firsthand how quickly the function has changed – seemingly overnight.
The HR Management Institute Canada had an incredible program lined up for our HR executives, all while focusing on the event theme: “People First – Strategies to Create a Sustainable, Agile, and Future Ready Workforce”. Not only did the COVID-19 pandemic expand HR’s corporate influence, but also led to a renewed focus on employees and engagement. HR has always been a valuable piece to the puzzle, but in this new world of flexible work, new opportunities come with new challenges – which have now become more people-centric than ever before.
Attending executives were able to collaborate, network, and learn from each other by participating in a variety of keynote sessions, panel discussions and breakout think tanks. A few topics and themes were discussed, including:
- The CHRO Agenda Shift: Collaboration, Reorganization, and Transformation in the New World of Work
- Owning the Outcome: We Wanted a Seat at the Table. We Got a Seat at the Table. Now What?
- 2022/2023 Global Economic Outlook: The Road to Recovery
- Leading to Greatness: 5 Principles to Transform Your Leadership and Build Great Teams
- Mental Health and Wellness: Managing Teams Through Times of Crisis
- “The Great Reconnect”: Engaging and Attracting Employees Through Learning
- People & Culture: Cultivating Culture During the Ongoing Pandemic
- More Than a Moment: The Journey to Actualizing DEI Initiatives at Your Organization
- People, Places, Processes: Looking Back and Thinking Differently on Workplace Dynamics
Leading these sessions were CHROs, VPs of HR, Talent, and DEI from various organizations such as, Great West Lifeco, LCBO, Rogers Communications, Cineplex, TMX Group, TravelBrands, Bayer, Sherritt International, Kraft Heinz, Porter Airlines, just to name a few.
Once again, a massive thank you to the Speaker Faculty for providing their invaluable thoughts, motivating stories and tangible best practices for our attendees to takeaway to their organizations.
If you would like to join the conversation and engage with likeminded HR leaders at the November program, please contact Nas Panwar at firstname.lastname@example.org. The conference is set to take place November 6th – 8th, 2022 at the JW Marriott Parq in Vancouver, BC.