IPMI Reunites TA Leaders in Nashville for the 2022 Talent Acquisition Institute
By Jennifer Holmes on June 28, 2022
In a world operating on a more remote basis than ever before, in-person gatherings are a crucial time to build healthy connections and advance our opportunities for learning and development on a humanistic level. That is what makes our jobs at IPMI so special, and why we love what we do. Bringing together some of the best leaders in their craft and creating opportunities for engagement is what we do best, and on May 15-17, 2022, we had the long-awaited pleasure of launching the first in-person Talent Acquisition Institute since 2019, bringing together seasoned talent acquisition executives from Fortune 1000-sized organizations in an intimate and exclusive environment for two-and-a-half days of networking and information exchange. As one attendee put it, “The exclusivity of the conference created opportunity for rich networking, and sessions were engaging.”
The overarching theme of the event focused on how executives can re-engineer their hiring and recruitment strategies in an era where candidates are now in the driver’s seat. What candidates now want from prospective employers is shifting, making it essential for companies to ensure their candidate experience reflects priorities around stronger communication, flexible interviewing, and cultures that put a tangible spotlight on employee wellbeing. Thought leaders on the agenda brought these concepts to life by sharing their initiatives and innovative tools utilized to combat the talent shortage. Some feedback surrounding the agenda included:
- This event showcased relevant topics. I was able to walk away with tools, and a big list of to-dos.
- Dynamic speakers – I wanted to immediately follow-up with them after the sessions, and the agenda provided a lot of room to be able to do so. Look forward to keeping in touch with the connections made here.
- The balance between sessions led by TA leaders versus solutions in the field was spot on. I was able to learn about tools, but also from those doing the job.
- The intimate setting allowed us to interact directly with presenters. Well done.
We would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to our fantastic body of speakers:
- Patti Clauss, VP, Global Talent Acquisition, Williams-Sonoma
- Kate Augustin, Head, Executive Tech Recruiting, Amazon
- Rick Iverson, VP, Global Talent Acquisition, Aya Healthcare
- James Page, Global Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer, The Nature Conservancy
- Rick M. Turner, Director, Employee Relations, Facebook
- Julie Coucoules, Head of Talent, Blend
- Tracy Ward, Chief People Officer, PartnerHero
- Grace Mininberg, VP, HR, GM Financial
- Amanda Crafton, VP, Head of Associate Experience, TIAA
- Geri Kalinsky, VP, Talent Acquisition, Warner Music Group
- Jeff Marshall, Chief Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Officer, UM WorldWide
- Eric Walker, VP, HR, Cepheid
- Jennifer Vasquez, VP, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Golden State Warriors
- Shannon Deihlman, Director, HR, Autokiniton
- Ronda Coogan, EVP, HR, Autokiniton
- Jennifer Gootman, VP, Sustainability, Williams-Sonoma
- Greg Muccio, Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition, Southwest Airlines
- Senikha Ball, Director, Candidate Experience & Employment Brand Strategy, TIAA
- Yemisi Oloruntola-Coates, Chief Inclusion & Equity Officer, WGBH
- Miguel Joey Aviles, Chief Inclusion & Equity Officer, MJA International
While we continue to use feedback as fuel and strive to make every year better than the last, one attendee summed up the event positively: “No improvement needed, it was fantastic. Everyone was so helpful and friendly, networking unmatched. Look forward to next year.”
IPMI will host the 2023 Talent Acquisition Institute from May 21 – 23, 2023 at The Langham in Pasadena, CA.
We would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the 2022 Advisory Committee, Speaker Faculty, Sponsoring Partners and attending delegation for a successful return to (nearly) normal. We cannot wait to bring this dedicated and hardworking group back together next year.
To contribute to the next Talent Acquisition Institute, whether sharing some insights and experiences as a member of the Speaker Faculty, suggesting topic areas for the agenda, or joining the waiting list for attendance, please contact Jennifer Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org.