Virtual Think Tank Series
Future-Proof Your Talent Acquisition Strategy with a World-Class RPO Partner
Thursday, June 24, 2021 • 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM (ET)
Future-proofing talent acquisition ensures your organization is prepared to address any challenges that impact your talent acquisition strategy. Over the last 15 months, HR leaders have had everything thrown at them. This includes shifting dynamics in the supply and demand for hiring. If you have experienced any of the following situations and did not have an immediate solution, then you will find value in future-proofing:
- A sudden decrease in demand for your workforce
- A sudden increase in demand for your workforce
- Layoffs or furloughs
- Supply shortage of hourly workers
- Decrease in active candidate applications
- Decrease of available passive candidates
- Pressure to decrease your HR budget (while being asked to increase recruitment volumes)
- Implement a diversity, equity, and inclusion program
- Create your work-from-home strategy; develop your ‘Return to Office’ plan
In this session, you’ll hear from Derek Carpenter, Vice President of Strategic Partnerships for Hueman, a globally recognized recruitment process outsourcing business, who will discuss the latest challenges impacting the talent market and the importance of future-proofing your talent acquisition strategy to remain competitive in your industry. You’ll also hear from one of Hueman’s partners, Angela Pointer, Senior Director of Talent Acquisition for the University of Maryland Medical System, about the benefits of their decision to establish an external partnership to future-proof and enhance their internal recruitment team’s efforts. Attendees will walk away from this session with:
- An understanding of the key challenges impacting talent acquisition today.
- What it means to future-proof your talent acquisition strategy.
- Why it’s critical in today’s environment to have a world-class recruitment program.
- An understanding of the strategic benefits of partnering with an RPO provider.
Derek has 20+ years of leadership experience that has spanned several industries. Over the last 13 years, he has been immersed in talent acquisition solutions and recruitment process outsourcing, at Hueman People Solutions. Derek is passionate about culture and engagement and helping organizations become the best they can be in talent acquisition and recruiting. Through understanding the essence and culture of an organization, he works within strategic partnerships across the nation to help source and recruit the right professionals that fit the role and the company culture. Along with being an avid triathlete, Derek is married to his wife and best friend, and they have two young children who are the light of their world. Derek has a BA from Stonehill College, in his native Massachusetts.