What does Personal Information mean?
Personal Information is any information that we could use to identify an individual. It does not include publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public information.
We take a great deal of care when we handle your Personal Information and the policy below outlines how your data is collected, stored and managed.
How is my Personal Information collected?
The main way that we collect Personal Information is through you directly, or through an authorized representative.
Your Personal Information may be collected through the following means:
- Mailing list subscription forms
- User contact forms
- Event sign registration
- Social Network widgets and buttons
- Direct Marketing
- Credit card payments
- IPMI in-person events
- Over the phone
How do you use my Personal Information?
We only use Personal Information for the purposes for which we collected it – purposes that are directly related to one of our current or upcoming functions or activities that overall create a better user experience for you at www.ipmionline.com.
We are committed to providing you with information and events that are relevant, interesting and tailored to your needs. In order to do that successfully, we must use your information to:
- Carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with the products/services that you have requested from us
- Recommend suitable events or content similar to those that you have previously interacted with
- Give you access to content and information requested via download on our websites
- Respond to your questions or comments
- Notify you about changes to our products and services
Is Personal Information shared?
From time to time, we may share portions of your Personal Information with selected third parties, including:
- Professional organizations involved in event management, such as hotels, event service providers and venue owners
- Our sponsors and exhibitors, who may contact you regarding products and services related to those you have previously interacted with
- Other IPMI members and event attendees for the purpose of networking
How do we keep your Personal Information secure?
We take steps to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and follow industry standards on information security management.
We only keep your Personal Information for as long as we reasonably require.
No method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, and we are taking the necessary steps to protect your Personal Information; however, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Get in touch
If you would like to receive further information about this Policy, update the information that we hold, or remove your Personal Information from our system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.